Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Eclectic Weekend

Friday I spent about seven years in Home Depot buying paint for my kitchen (a beautiful mangoey sunflowery yellow-orange) and one of the rooms in the apt. (a deep jeweltone bluish purply blue). I spent some time frugally (cheaply) copying directions on how to create a certain faux finish out of a book they had there, in lieu of purchasing the entire book. Then I saw a black chandelier that looked more like smoky topaz and more like $300o than the astonishing price of $149, and if anyone wants to chip in for my birthday gift I will show it to you at the Depot. Was supposed to actually apply the paint when I got home but called in sick on that bc I was too tuckered out. Must still be sick bc that paint aint up yet.
Saturday I did something or other in the morning, and then rode on out to McCarren Park in W-burg to watch a football/soccer team called Pie & Chips play against some other team wearing gray, with my friend Kendall and her cute green patent leather flats and her 19 month old son Kingsley , who instantaneously became the team mascot. We brought chips and popcorn, Veggie Booty, cheese, and grapes, and also adult beverages along with a juicebox. We thought we were tuff bringing illegal beers into the park to surreptitiously drink, but we got totally shown up by this English girl Hayley, who at the tender age of 20 (yes, on our side of the pond not even old enough to drink) opened our beers with her teeth. Incredible to behold. So we spilled beer all over my blanket, barely watched the game bc the "benched" players were standing directly in front of us blocking our view, chatted about bla and bla, retched at the vile condition of the public bathrooms, and when the game ended (Pie & Chips won) Kendall broke out with her stroller and her kid and I went on with the team and Official Team Friends to the nearby Polish bar for more beers, where every patron was a mustachioed middle age Polish man. Made some new chums including a Jewish girl from Texas named Karma (what? wouldn't you talk to her too?!), tequila shots appeared, fried chicken and french fries materialized, and dancing ensued to a jukebox filled with all the Polish Hits. At some point some Polish slutbag got into the mix and flung herself at one of the teammates. At a later point she was facing him in between his legs and was throwing her head back, dancing, singing, and going to second base with her own ample breasts, while the Three Polish Amigos sat just over the guy's shoulder, trying not to move and to look innocent, while their eyes were slid to the side totally ogling this girl's slut show. The teammate went on to tell me that the girl's boyfriend, with whom she lived a mere two blocks away, threw a plate at her head the night before. Not everyone is as alarmist as I, but I was then SURE that this vicious boyfriend was going to show up at any minute and throw plates at the teammate. Thankfully we soon vacated, and took the train into the Big Town to go drink more at Nevada Smith's. Fun train ride, all the English fellows were singing loudly on the train which the nearby straphangers seemed to like. I did not last long at Nevada's...in fact it took me three days to recover from the amount of beers I had. I am swearing off this drinking like it's my job.
Sunday I staggered out of bed and gussied up to go shoot an episode of the broadband show I appear on. Another person on the show is the BRILLIANT Reverend Jen (www.revjen.com), who I begged to lend me a copy of this movie she shot and that I saw years ago, where she plays Doo-Doo, the drunken, heroin-addicted strung out Fifth Teletubby. In this film Doo-Doo and a friend actually nod out in front of the Guggenheim. She proceeds to tell me that not only is there a SECOND Doo-Doo film that I have not seen, but that it is being shown at the Pioneer Theater on May 8th. You are ALL invited! She is a NY writer/art star/performer/genius and its a pleasure to know she exists and to be familiar with her material. Go look at her site at least! Don't sleep! After a successful taping, where I was complimented on my wit and beauty (it's my blog, I will include what I want to), I came home to meet my friend Andy, and we chatted and he fixed my computer up and I took pictures of him with my cat and we rested and ate fruits and vegetables and watched the Sopranos (I am beginning to form my idea of what I think is going to ultimately end the show, and I am glad to see Blanca go, BTW, she sucked) and for no good reason, part of Signs. He left and I hit the hiz-ay. Peace.

Nicole

2 comments:

Kinkle said...

I am so glad you were there to recount the only good part of my weekend aside from having a stomach virus! Sounds like it was a good idea I didn't expose my impressionable child to Polish sluts. (Not that there are anything wrong with them, it's just a little early for that kinda action). I am jealous of the Tribeca and Coachella posters. But not too jealous.

Anonymous said...

Given the circumstances, it is certain that at the end, after long parliaments, we arrive at absolutely nothing. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry outlet shop[/url] Correspondingly, though, such rapid change invited backlash from those who felt their traditional values threatened as seen in fundamentalism and exemplified in the Scopes trial and the Prohibition movement. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose down coat[/url] Ilegbxeew
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora bracelets[/url] Qqwdmbxte [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose canada[/url] niyiinpms