Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Amber-Lea in BK Says...

What did I do this weekend? Well, sit back and let me tell you. I was one of 40-odd folks who filled 78% of the cinema at the American Museum of the Moving Image in QUEENS to see a screening of FAY GRIM, Hal Hartley's sequal to HENRY FOOL. It was GOOD. The boy and I stayed for a Q&A with Hartley during which he proved that he is a normal, nice human being, unlike the unctuous freakenstein who ran the Q&A. I also had some really good beer-battered fries. And that's only FRIDAY.
On Saturday - uh...wait. Um. The boy made a delicious omelet for breakfast, then a walk. OH, I went to the hardware store for a shelf. I read a comic book (Y: The Last Man for you nosy nellies). OH, no, that was Sunday.
On Saturday, we had the lovely omelet and then took the train to Rockaway Beach where we
took many photos. Of the wind. And I took video on the subway of people's feet.
On Sunday was that other stuff. Then I wrote some bad poetry. The boy and I also complained about children screaming in public and parents who indulge their infants and toddlers and give them whatever they want just to appease them and how those kids are going to have some hard lessons to learn later in blah blah blah. We also imagined a society where advertising was banned. How would it affect the economy? Could such a society survive? ACK!? Also there might also have been some sex. But you don't really know that for sure.

No comments: