Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Andy (from Chicago this week) says...

On Friday I had a date - sushi in the West Village with a very skinny girl. She is cool but I did not feel the spirit so I probably won't pursue her. Then I watched the Long Hot Summer from Netflix and got high, so high. It is a great movie, but dated to the point where it seems almost like a play rather than a film. It's got Orson Welles and Paul Newman.
Saturday I cleaned up my apartment and sent to my broker the information he needed to land me a perfect little 1br in Park Slope. I am thrilled about this place, you cannot imagine, it is surrounded by mansions and has an amazing roof deck from which you can see the entire surface of the earth. Mehopes I get it. Then I took a car in to NJ to my brother's house (paid for by my work as ye shall see). We went to our parents house. That's right, Saturday night at the 'rents. They had some guests as well as us boyim.
Sunday morning my dad drove me to the airport, destined for Chicago, from which I am writing to you. My work needs me here for a week. I'm staying at the House of Blues. It's more or less still under construction. I wandered the streets of Chicago Sunday evening. It is next to NYC in urban coolness here.

No comments: