Monday, March 21, 2011

Queen Diane Says...

Enjoyed a trip to the Hamptons on Friday. Sag Harbor, where I go every year for a long summer weekend, no longer has a metaphysical store! Can't believe it. Things are hurtin' out there for a few places. Restaurant week in the Hamptons ended Saturday, so I had three courses for $24.95 at Michael's Restaurant on Three Mile Harbor -- osso buco, salad, and creme brulee...yum.

The Czech Center in Manhattan offered the first weekend off a three-weekend lecture/workshop series by FAMU, the Prague film school, with examples of Czech film from the '40's to the present. Future lectures take place in early April and early May. Lectures are FREE, workshops are $50 each. Pretty good price considering FAMU is the premier film school in Central Europe. Came home and watched 3:10 to Yuma that I DVR'd.

Sunday--Second day of FAMU, after a quick trip to Trader Joe's. Got home and quickly cooked up some Orange Chicken for a homeless shelter for dinner.

Sorry, my life is boring. I'm unemployed and over 50. Find me some fun people to hang with and a job and I'll be more fun!

No comments: