Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Charlie in Texas Says...

Last Saturday was the first time this season that I could go fishing all day without any distractions. I went 35 miles north-west of Dallas to Grapevine Lake which holds one of my favorite spots to fish and not be disturbed. Although the day of the week and season were perfect, the wind was nothing short of miserable. My head was completely wind burned after a few hours and I didn’t catch anything for the first five, but I stuck with it and eventually caught a channel catfish. That night on my way into the shower I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and was horrified. I looked like the drumming puppet from the Muppets…you know the one. He yells a lot.

Sunday I slept in until around eleven, only because that was as late as my dog Shelby would allow. I went downstairs and fired up the French press and made a huge breakfast.

After breakfast it was time to take my truck into get washed and change its oil. The guy at the carwash said that “Leather scent” was on national backorder and I would have to go with “clean car scent” instead. Bastard.

No comments: