Sunday, March 20, 2011

Adrienne in Kenya Says...

Well the weekend is almost over in Homa Bay, Kenya. Here is what I did:

I finished writing a proposal to maybe begin a community education component to improve Doctors Without Border's prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV. 1 in 6 people is HIV+ here, but people are very guarded about it. The ladies must get permission to do most everything including take medicine to prevent their children from getting the virus. "Husband" in the local language literally means "owner of my thoughts".....I don't need to go on I think.

I drank wine and danced around my room a bit to Rhianna.

Looked at Lake Victoria and the mountains for about 5 minutes. Then back to work.

What else. Sadly another coworker returned to Japan as his town was hardest hit by the earthquake madness. Crazy that MSF is thinking about doing a mission in JAPAN. With all the nuclear scares, i felt a bit bad about our collective american history and that the japanese are comparing now to WWII.

Watched some episodes of Glee...again. We are talking about getting a tv and cable, so we can watch news and sports and maybe diversify our dinner menu via Food Network.

No comments: