Friday, March 18, 2011

Charlie in Fleet, England Says....

Why do I do it to myself?

Friday evening left the office early to travel towards London to support Harlequins play Newcastle in the semi final of the Cup. I went with a friend who supports Newcastle so there was a bit of rivalry between us. We agreed that whoever lost would drive the other to the final next weekend. I was very confident that Harlequins would win so was happy to make the bet. Unfortunately Harlequins lost by one point so not only do I have to go to watch a team I don't support play another team I don't support, I've got to drive my friend there and back as well! Despite the loss I had a great time and ended up drinking far too much beer and got home very late.

Saturday was a really emotional day. Having taken my dog Jensy out for her morning walk I had to take my cat to the vets as she hasn't been eating very much and shes been losing weight. The vets initial thoughts were that she had something wrong with either her liver or gall bladder so it was decided that she should be kept in for some blood tests and a scan. Unfortunately the prognosis was not good and although "Itsy" is too weak to have a biopsy on her liver her bloods and the scan indicate she has the feline equivilent of cirrhosis - I did ask how that was possible as shes not a heavy drinker apart from the odd "White Russian"! So it seems that for the time being she is on meds and vitamins to boost her white blood cells and some other medical stuff that I didn't understand. Fingers crossed for her check up next week.

On a lighter note although I wasn't in the best frame of minds I did manage to watch some of the Italy v France rugby match - A great game and well done Italy! A completely unexpected result and any time the French get beaten is a happy occassion! Well done to the Welsh as well for beating Ireland in a very close match. Saturday night was spent having a "few"drinks at a house warming party for one of my friends from work. For some reason the Spiced Rum was flowing really rather well and apparently l left at about 4am. No wonder I didn't feel 100% when I got up at 9 to take the hound out!!

Sunday was spent in a bit of a daze but I did manage to go to "The Cellar Bar" in Fleet with a few friends to watch England just scrape a win over Scotland. The Cellar Bar is great for watching sport as it has loads of screens and very comfortable sofas and chairs, it's pizzas are also superb. Ideal for a Sunday afternoon if your feeling a little under the weather!!

By 7pm I had had enough and was wondering how I would be able to squeeze in another weekend to recover from the weekend. Needless to say I'm sure that a few days back at work will give me enough time to recover before next weekend...

No comments: