Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Nicole Says...

My weekend, like to hear it, here it goes:
Friday eve I thought I would try a class at my gym called Yoga Wings. It's been there all along and I approached it, sniffed it, looked at it thru the glass door, but never made it all the way. Carpe Diem people- I LOVED LOVED LOVED it and wish I'd been doing it two years ago when I first heard of it. What was I waiting for? Yoga Wings takes place over, under, and inside a white hammock hanging in a U-shape from the ceiling. You swing in it like a circus performer, hang upside down in it like a monkey, and climb up it with strength you didn't know you had. I laughed out loud during this class. I glowed with pride at being able to backflip and climb high and do various odd poses I was asked to do. I liked it so much I went again on Sunday. Then I cooked a little sup, relaxed, and watched the tribute to deceased favorite comic Greg Giraldo. I miss him so much. The Roast of Donald Trump was not the same without GG. Did you know he was Colombian-Spanish? And a Harvard- educated lawyer? He was the best.
Saturday, I spent some time organizing myself. Most of my energy goes into doing that for others and I needed to focus on my own org needs so I took part of Sat to do it.
Following that, I went con mi companera de clase, Flamenca Josefina, to part two of the flamenco lecture I attended last week, which inspired me to restart this blog. Another fine show, I learned a lot, and it has occurred to me that I might like to tattoo some flamenco letras (lyrics) onto me at some point. I will use this post as the date I said it, and see how long it takes me to do it, if ever. Note: I have zero tattoos at present and no real intention of having any. Sat night I ate Thai with my friend Susan, always hilarious, adorable and great company. She sewed me a curtain for my bathroom that night! Whatta pal! Who does that??
Sunday I had a client who wanted to get rid of a GIANT painting on paper- a copy of a famous Matisse her friend had done and that she no longer had space for. I thought it would be fun to go lay it out on the sidewalk by the subway stop so others could enjoy it and/or take it home, rather than just stick it into a trash can. So we did. We stood around and watched people gape at it, take pics of it and admire it. Then we left. I am waiting to hear her report as to if she came back later that eve and it was gone, which is what we thought would happen. Experience has shown me that people take EVERYTHING off the street.
Then I was at Yoga Wings again, and then I ate a light din and I think did something related to Real Housewives. A satisfying weekend of work and hobbies and friends. Balance.

No comments: