Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Carles in Barcelona Says...

Friday.......I’m in love!

After living 90% of my time during the last five months in sunny Panamá City, I’m landed in Barcelona on a rainy monday. Just watching the landscape of the city over me through my brother’s car, who picked me up at the airport, I realised again how proud I am of the city I live in and how special it is.

Tuesday to friday I was working hard with lots of jet lag, but the moment finally arrived. Friday afternoon!, at five o’clock I had to pick up my babies at school!

Punctually in there, I realised how my daughter had changed in a few months...as always she came running to me and screaming PAPA PAPA, jumped all over me and gave me such a strong hug, there were not less than a hundred kisses in that holding, you can be sure.

We went home, picked my gfriend and went to IKEA. I hate that place, so I returned home while they did their shopping! You know what time you get in but you never know how long your shopping will last inside that place, and I can’t deal with that......

Had a coffee and.........back to school again. At 6 30 my son was leaving school, another big hug, lots of kisses, picking up girls at IKEA and then back home.

I can tell that, I’m a good cooker, booooooo hehe, I do enjoy a lot eating but also working on that so we had hand made pizza for dinner, some tv, school homework and went to bed exhausted.

Having children is, without a doubt the best thing I have ever done in my life. That was my main thinking while going to bed.

Saturday, basketball game but only for the men. The two girls stayed home while I went to the beautiful Sant Pol de Mar, where my 8 years old baby had his game. We lost the match, but there were lots of fun. Imagine ten four feet people chasing a ball during forty minutes....hehehe

Dinner at home, I cook again, spaghetti bolognesa, just like that: put the onions, the pig meat and............hey I’m not telling you my secret recipe until you come here to taste it!!! Booo again!!!!

It’s SIESTA time. Here in spain, after eating your body is trained to sleep. It becomes necessary! I can’t understand why this is not universal yet......Some playstation and chess challenges after, we do needed to eat again, some salad was ok, imagine who made it......a couple of movies on the sofa and went to bed again! What a hard life.

Sunday, golfing time, only for men again.....my daughter never pays attention to golfing and my gfriend is learning yet. My son and I stayed at the range in Castillo de Godmar, an old castle where they arranged the gardens as an pitch & putt course, nice nice place.

My son reached the 100 meters sign ahead with his new club, I’m so proud, he started playing at the age of two and his swing is amazing now.

Time to eat again, another movie and more playstation games, at 7 pm I had to return them to their mother’s house. I was so happy because of sharing my time with them and I can’t wait to see them again in two weekends........

I promise to write again next weekend, so you can see how I deal with my spare time without my children. I think I’m going to ski in Andorra, I’ll let you know!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about the game. I have also trained my body for post meal siesta.

Anonymous said...

Thxs Charles. Siesta is the best, I didn't knew that it was also popular in Texas!