Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Jooolia Says...

What do "Kings of Leon", "Panty Crickets" and "Dirty Gowanus Canoe Extravaganza" have in common??? Well, that pretty much sums up my weekend.
Thanks to my summer Friday (the Baby Jesus' gift to working schlubs) I set about to the Apple store in Soho to get a peek at my favorite band the Kings of Leon for a free concert. Instead of standing in line for eons (eons for Leons) my friend and I milled about the store waiting for our opportunity to see the band on the sly. We snuck into line right behind the arm band brigade that had been waiting in the dirty hot NY sun for hours. Suckas!
Just as the band was getting started Owen Wilson sans Kate Hudson breezed right in front of us. He's little bitty. The band rocked my socks off. Love em.
On Saturday I stayed home. (Boo!) But I believe the Baby Jesus was working his magic again because I caught a mediocre skit on an SNL reply with Amy Poehler portraying Brittney Spears where she coined my new favorite phrase "Panty Crickets" as in:
Fake Brittney: "I been working for weeks on end and K-Feds been partying y'all and guess who ends up with a case of Panty Crickets" (Poehler indicating herself). Comedy gold. I'm pretty sure I've either written the phrase or said it 27 times since watching the skit. I bequeath it to all of you...spread the word.
On Sunday, Nicole (famous Blog owner) and my friend Brie and I strapped canoes to our ass and paddled down the scenic Gowanus Canal. DISGUSTING!!!! But once we got out into open waters it was really beautiful. We will only know the real effects of being so close to the sludge when Nicole pops out a 2 headed baby with an extra large uterus.
Good times...good times.

No comments: