Thursday, June 7, 2007

Brock in Our Nation's Capital Says...

Friday I snagged some tix to go see funnyman Dave Atell at the Lincoln Theatre. He was in town filming his HBO special there so myself and a couple friends got some free tix to head over and watch. Now, you can't go to a comedy show sober (Ed. note: especially one given by notorious drunky Dave Atell) , so we stopped by The Saloon on U St. to do some pre-show drinking for like an hour. I downed 4 Red Stripes then went to the show, which was decent. After the show, we made a pit stop at Cafe Nema to get a quick glass of liquor in us before our walk to Dupont to hit up the Big Hunt where I stayed drinking many a Strongbow til around 2:30 when I stumbled onto the metro and home...thoroughly drunk.
So drunk, I woke up at around 3pm stone cold hungover and hurting on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I talked with my girlfriend on the phone, then my parents, then a pizza delivery service and I stayed inside, on my couch, writing new stories for the Deuce (my blog). Not going outside at all and really quite useless to the world.
Sunday, I was no longer hungover, but the remnants of the tropical storm that hit the coast made its way to DC which meant lots and lots of rain and wind so I stayed in again and watched many tv shows and a movie on my couch eating the spaghetti I made (I made the whole box so i just kept eating it all day). One of the laziest weekends I've had in a long long time...and it was glorious.

No comments: