Monday, April 16, 2007

Superstar DJ

Ok- some of you may have noticed a lack of weekend reports from me. For those of you who pointed it out, why, I didn't know you cared. Ok, this is a two-way street.

Friday night I went with some sisterwives to the birthday party of the keyboard player of the Black Crowes. What is his name? I don't know either. He looks like Jocelyn Wildenstein, this Crowe. Good food, good location, best red velvet cake I've tasted...pretty mellow for a rock n roller's party. Thanks to Sherese for being a gracious hostess.
After posing for pictures in front of a custom painting of Run DMC, we jumped into a friend of my friend's Range Rover and headed off to the club Home to witness the freaky occurrence of a guest DJ set by Gary Coleman. That's what I said, Gary Coleman. When I texted my friend Jon about the event to suss out his interest level, he wrote back, "Is this a dream?" DJ Diff'rent Strokes admitted straight away that he cannot particularly DJ, but that he had selected some tunes for his co-DJ to play on his behalf. It turns out that he and I share certain old school tastes. He chose "Pump Up The Jam" by Technotronic, for example. Also he favored house music from around 1989. Love it, love it. I always felt me n Gary Coleman were soulbrothers. We took a thousand pictures of Gary to show the grandkids, found out that he has a 22 year old, "white trash" girlfriend, had a word with Kenny Kenny at the door, and bounced. Then we went over to the Maritime Hotel for nourishment. Aperol, Prosecco, Carciofi, Moretti, my my. Why was noone in there on Friday night? Who cares. Expect to find me there much more this summer, knowing that the hoi polloi do not seem to gather at this place, at least during the middle hours that I was present.
Friday night's outfit provided by Betsey Johnson. Thanks Yasmine.
Saturday? Got a bangs trim from my dear friend/stylist Meg, had a salad and three kinds of baklava at Casablanca Tea Room which you New Yorkers are sleeping on if you don't know about it, shopped with a fella friend at John Varvatos and Levi's, saw a nice sunset and kept it homebound on Sat. night.
Sunday was a lovely brunch in the Noreaster accented with delicious banana bread, and then I stayed in again and accomplished stuff at home which I would not dream of boring you with.
OK I did it. I posted my own weekend. However, readers, I know what I did last weekend, WHAT DID YOU DO?

No comments: