Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Kinkle in Williamsburg says...

After not doing too much of anything the last couple of weekends due to a cold and/or shitty weather I once again stayed in on Friday with my husband watching a marathon of "The Riches" on Tivo... I was supposed to go to a friend's birthday dinner but after 40 hours of work plus waking up with the baby every day I was wiped. The show is surprisingly clever and Eddie Izzard is awesome. I still managed to drink too much wine so I had a bit of a hangover the next day. Someone I work with told me there was shipment of Vivienne Westwood at Century 21 so I went there for the second time in my life to check it out. Not the ideal place to be when you're feeling a tad headachy and lightheaded--people seem determined to stand in your way at all times. But I soldiered on and bought a cool skirt and top I probably shouldn't have spent the $$ on. It was discounted at least and so cool.. she's like the math rock of designer clothing. Then we went to Chinatown and ate Vietnamese food and the baby refused to try anything that wasn't white (white rice, white noodles and those weird white shrimpy chip thingies). He seemed to suffer no ill effects from the MSG and crashed in the car on the way home where we sat around and watched more Riches. (Seriously, it's really that good!)
The next day I went to Pilates and wandered around looking at all the high priced clothing in the newest round of Williamsburg boutiques. Orthopedic-looking shoes from Germany with beige-y plastic wedge heels seem to be a real coming trend. Yuk! Then I met up with the hubby and baby to go to some kite festival in the park which apparently isn't happening until next weekend. I met up with one friend I rarely see and ran into another while the baby went crazy running around and digging in the dirt then the hubby and I left and walked to Greenpoint to some indie bookstore and for beers at the Pencil Factory until the kid had a meltdown. We walked back home and ordered a gourmet pizza and watched the Sopranos & Entourage then I went to bed. Whoo-hoo!

No comments: