Monday, April 2, 2007

Kinkle in Williamsburg says...

This weekend some of my favorite people ever, a friend of mine from England and his girlfriend, were in town. I met up with them and another friend of theirs who is a tour manager for some very big bands and this guy's girlfriend at Sapa in the 20s which is kind of Vietnamese fusion I think. I'm not entirely sure because we just ordered a bunch of stuff for the table and I was more into drinking. Then we went to La Esquina and had a round of margaritas that made my stomach hurt and I got some good rock and roll gossip. Then we went to Baraza and some short pumped up gentleman grabbed me & started trying to salsa me around which was disconcerting because I am A. married and B. don't particularly like to salsa around. It was way too loud so we left and went to Rue B and drank more until they kicked us out around 5. I made it home and wasn't as drunk as I could have been which was saying something. The next day I laid around in bed while my hubby took the baby to see his cousins on Long Island for some under-4-year-old fun. I was hoping he would get back in time to go to an art opening I had my eye on, but he didn't and it was fine. Sunday I went to Pilates class and we overhauled our messy apartment so that my friends could come over for dinner. We had a big cheese/salami/chorizo/pate plate then roasted chicken stuffed with herbs and root vegetables. We had an EXTRA special dessert and sat around drinking five bottles of wine, one of champagne and some deluxe Mexican tequila until they left at around 2:30 am. I stayed up another hour and a half or so with my hubby talking 'cause we just roll like that and took Monday off. Whee!

No comments: