Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Caitlin in France says...

On Friday I had a friend and her boyfriend over for dinner and was in a real cooking mood, so I made a feast! We had several cheeses, fresh fig breads, and prosciutto and melon with a white wine my friend's aunt sent from germany. Then we had some fresh pasta I made with pesto and pine nuts, followed by filet of beef with shallots and red wine sauce. It was fabulous-- and complimented by 3 bottles of wine....Saturday, while hungover, my boyfriend and I went to a fantastic market in Carouge, which is the greatest small village connected to Geneva. I bought an old-school 1970s French racing back from this Scottish guy, then we had some FREE risotto and wine. Typically Swiss, they were giving out really incredible free food at the market. After, we hung out in the sun lakeside, read a bit, then at night met a friend from NY who just moved to Geneva for dinner. We went to see a drum and bass concert next (back in Carouge at this place called the Chat Noir) until 4am, then spent Sunday at home recovering (with a 2 hour escape to yoga class)...One of my fave weekends recently....Hope you had a great weekend!! xo Caitlin

No comments: