Tuesday, April 24, 2007

And mine, bien sur...

Friday I saw a client after I finished at my day job (yes, I have several jobs). Then I went home and started working on a tank top I am hand-sewing. If any of you remember, I started this blog bc I was stagnating in the winter and part of that was not working on my arts and crafts. Now I both have a blog and am sewing again! Reborn! I watched my favorite favorite favorite show, "Intervention," and flying in the face of what I predicted the outcome would be, Trent recovered in rehab from his heroin addiction and infection in his foot and abcesses in his mouth and Constance still talks to him in rehab every day. BTW y'all, this show is my obsession - I am going to have to be on Intervention due to my addiction to Intervention. If any of you like this show too, PLEASE COMMENT. The more people I know like it, the more I can talk about it over and over. (Hi Jon Friedman, my 'Vention buddy!) Later my friend tried to get me to come out the house that night and go dancing in Williamsburg, beginning at 1 am. I don't think she knows what its like to be born in the 70s. I don't go dancing in Williamsburg at this juncture, nor do I wind up my key at 1 am. By then its all wound down. But a girl always likes to be asked so thanks for the invite!
Saturday I went to a fella friend's apt to watch the Manchester United vs. Middlesborough Football/Soccer game. It was a tough game to watch and even tougher to watch my friend watch it. I believe he was agitated at Man U's inability to make another goal after the really early on one they scored, like within the first three minutes- and break the tie, and he kept pacing and moving around in the room from kitchen to dining area, there was cooking, it felt like he wasn't even able to look at the tv at some points...I could feel his frustration. He was able to work some of that off by switching to "The Search For The Next Pussycat Doll" during halftime. He served good cheese too. The game ended 1-1 and I peaced out to go meet my friend to help style her wardrobe for an upcoming 4 day wedding extravaganza. Gold stilletos were purchased. We then endured a painfully noisy lunch at Fanelli Cafe and then took it back to Brooklyn to hit a boutique there where she found her wedding frock on the first try. We then did what everyone else was doing, and found a picnic bench (at Gravy in Carroll Gardens) to eat Shrimp n' Grits and Pulled Pork, and get some beers down in there. We bumped into a friend and her crew passing by, so 2 became 5, and 5 became 7...number 6 is the guy who invented those NYC patented fold maps that have the subway stations overlaid on the streets, someone you know has one. Many other interesting peoples in the crew....internatonal travelers, urban explorers, PhDs....lots to learn from them! One of our girls piped up and declared she wanted to talk to some single boys so we rallied down the street...one of our fellas proceeded to enter each bar we had in mind and shout "Are there any single men in here?!!!!" I never went through the door of any of those bars, he wrecked it with that opener, it was hilarious! So we landed at my fave pick in that area- Brooklyn Social. One more Peroni and I bid adieu, to you and you and you...
Sunday I was up by Central Park...spied an ex randomly coming up the street with a new girl who looked just like me, but heavier...scuttled away so he wouldn't have to experience seeing me and knowing he was now dealing with substandard material...and so she wouldn't have to experience meeting me on the block and realizing she was just a mere attempt to recover the joy found with me, a second generation, poor quality copy....hahaha I am never like this, I am just kidding...whee!!! My dear friend picked me up in the Jeep Grand and we drove around and around the town and yakked and I got dropped off to clean up the house and cook quinoa and steam broccoli and watch the Sopranos and finish that tank top.

1 comment:

Kinkle said...

Are you ever gonna end up spending any weekend time with ME?
I wonder which ex that was...