Tuesday, August 21, 2007

J. Fruit Said A Short Time Ago...

Last weekend was another trip up to the NYC for me (in hopes of moving back for good). I started out meeting up with Vanilla-Bean down in the SOHO and heading to the Boiler Room in the East Village. It was not what it used to be (a good thing) because now it has actual lighting (vs. the black light it used to have). There was a little birthday celebration going on. I met a few people who were all coupled off. 3 actual couples and another half couple (whose other half was touring as Hercules on a cruise ship). Although some of them were "open," the couples experience got boring quick so we headed over to a rooftop gathering in Chelsea hosted by yet another gay couple. The view was awesome even if I left feeling like I needed some Mini Storage. Nothing momentous happened there so we went on to Barracuda. Many people came up to one of our entourage because his other half was out of town and apparently they were checking in on him. That sent me home of course stopping off for some pizza because I was alone. The next day I went to an engagement party. I had previously asked the bride-to-be to set me up w/some of her co-worker friends and thought it was a great time to check in on her progress. She told me that the only gays from work who were coming were a couple. Wah-wah. Well the moral of this weekend is that I do not have the latest in gay accessories--a bf. It makes me think of a time when I was taken but strangely many of my friends were not, including Cinnamon. We were talking about relationships, walked by Tompkins Square Park, and saw these middle-aged homeless men making out by the closed entrance. I turned to Cinnamon and said, "Damn! Even THEY found each other..."

No comments: