Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Betty Hollywood Says...

friday night was a jam session in the ghetto. me and S. packed up the bass and headed down in to god knows where in l.a. (funny . he had on red and I had on blue. I figured if any gangs stopped us, we would at least have one color right) b-town has been jamming with a funk band of late and invited S. who took me. so being the good groupie girlfriend I am, I joined the jam. literally, in a small room, I got on that electric piano set to funky church organ sounds and jammed out. it was super fun. we rounded it out 'round midnite then headed to el compadre for chips, margaritas and (pour moi) arroz con pollo. me and S. had gone to a party like 3 months ago and scored a free netflix account. since then we've got maybe two movies of which we ordered upon registration. we decided Saturday was the day we were going to watch that freeking movie. plus, we got it in our heads to fast, so we were going to fast, flush and watch 2001. come ten AM saturday, we were starving and cranky so we went to the movies to keep the fast going. turns out, we ended up at some schmancy pants landmark theatre in bev hills where they serve beer and a whole bunch of other goodies. fuck the fast. I got popcorn and diet coke and he grabbed a beer and rasisinettes. we would not do well in a food recession. rocket science and resurrecting the champ later, we grabbed sushi and headed home to finally watch 2001. I had never seen it. afterwards we had much discussion on time continuum and God. sunday, S. headed to work and I headed to jenny roop's bday brunch at hamburger mary's. its in west hollywood. great gay fun. jenny roop is a lesbo so it was fun to hang with the gay crowd at the ridiculously over the top homo spot. I made friends with some guests but there was a bitchy boy sitting across from me that got me so angry with his asshole attitude that I threw down my napkin and left. thats what happens when you serve me champers before lunch. I finished off the day working on my book and shopping for clothes for my big VH-1 gig this week. next weekend is mine and S.'s six month anniv (can you believe!?). we are going to universal studios for the day. thats where we were on our first date. some would think celebrating six months is crazyville but anyone who knows me knows that if I truly still like someone at six months then thats reason to celebrate! stay tuned...

No comments: