Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Betty Hollywood Says...

I went to the movies on Friday solo. At Grauman's Theatre which is rich with history and unbelievably beautiful. Too bad NO ONE goes there. In a theatre that seats 1,000 (where the first Oscars were held), there were maybe 20 people tops in the audience. Sad. The movie, however, was funny. I saw Drillbit Taylor becuase Owen Wilson makes me laugh and I hooked up with the director at a party once so I wanted to see what's what. It's a lot darker than they make it out to be in the commercials and I highly recommend it.
Saturday, I had big plans to get a thai massage and some writing done, however the people downstairs in my 1920's bungalow apartment were making such a racket, I jumped onto craigslist and started trolling for new spaces to live. I lined up five to view and spent a few hours driving around town generally being disappointed at what's out there. Wouldn't you know it, I was happy to come home. Interesting approach to appreciate where you live, yeah? I was feeling sorry for myself having just broken up with my boyfriend so I fell asleep for a couple of hours in the early evening which always makes me feel super icky. I had plans to hit up hottie promoter Jenn Laskey's Bday party at 86, a very cool speakeasy/cabaret located in a basement in hollywood. If you're in L.A., make plans to patronize it. Alas, the ickiness won out and I watched television instead.
I went to bed super early and woke up at 5am on sunday, headed to the gym, grabbed a coffee at the Bean and went home to prepare for my friend's bridal shower in Malibu. I carpooled with some other friends and we spent the next few hours opening gifts and stuffing our faces with homemade cupcakes in the amazing Malibu house. I got in at 6pm and wrote some more for my book. I joined a trial program at Netflix and got Reno 911:Miami as my first flick, popped it in the laptop and watched it in bed falling asleep at 10pm and having strange dreams of being shot in the brain. sexy weekend, huh?

No comments: