Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Kinkle Says...

Usually by Friday I am so fried from the corporate work week that I'm ready to get up to no good and last week was no exception. My husband is working with an Australian band producing their record so we had a big dinner with them at Dumont near the studio in Williamsburg. It's the first time I went there and their back room is great for large person parties.. a nice cozy little nook where you rarely see any other customers. I split the Dumont salad and crab cakes with the hubby, then had ravioli all of which was delicious. I also had two pomegranate martinis and a glass of red wine before the band, managers and assorted friends were ready to go back to the studio and finish. At that point I was like, "I don't want to go home alone!" so my two year old and myself repaired to the studio and hung out with the Aussies. There is nothing I like better than being the only girl in a pack of guys even if you do eventually get ignored. We all talked and drank and talked and drank, and the lead singer played a few songs for me on his guitar then the two year old passed out (from tiredness, not drinking!) but we kept talking and drinking then when the toddler woke up and gave us all a look like "WHAT's GOING ON?" we figured it was a sign to finally go home. I hope he won't have horrible memories of mom and dad being so irresponsible. But you know what? Sometimes you just have to do stuff like that or you would get no socializing done whatsoever.
Saturday I was pretty alcoholically injured and it occurred to me that the guys we were hanging with didn't SEEM like they were in their 20s but they were in fact and that was why they could hang out like that and I no longer can. We stayed in, ordered pizza and I watched the season finale of Nip/Tuck Season 3. I'm totally obsessed with that show and am working my way through the past seasons. It's so over-the-top and ridiculous I love it!
Sunday we went to my husband's brother's place on Long Island for an Easter Egg hunt for the kids. They have three kids, his other brother has two kids and we have one so it was a total kidfest. I was still kind of hurting so i ate the Easter feast (lamb & Greek salad) & had a few glasses of red wine to try and just feel normal again. All the kids had a blast and we left after the baby jammed out on their drumset for an hour or so, ready to do the long, drawn-out work week once again.

No comments: