Thursday, February 28, 2008

L.A. Confidential Says...

Ok....I really should start writing these every week so I have some method of remembering how I spent my early 30's. Let's see...I was in San Francisco on Friday for a video game conference. I was there to shoot some interviews on camera but I recently had surgery on my eyes (don't ask) so I have two big shiners where Irish eyes a smilin' used to be. So, that being said, clearly I needed professional help before appearing on camera. And by "professional help" I mean "make-up artist", of course. So, when the clock struck noon and she hadn't showed- I felt a mimosa was in order to make up for the camera ugly. Three hours (and...a...few) mimosas later, it was time to leave the Hotel. Oh - the hotel, by the way, is the W which normally is one of my faves- but they did a terrible re-design and now their motif is Asian Fishbowl. I suggest the St. Regis if you're heading to SF. Anyway- off to the airport to hop a plane to Park City Utah for a weekend of Skiing. I get to Utah after a 2 hour on flight conversation with the elderly Mormon next to me. Russ was a super nice man and I think I convinced him homosexuality is ok- but DEFINITELY not caffeine. I de-plane and drive to my friends house, a few more drinks and off to sleep. On Saturday skiing was a bit too energetic for me so I had my first hot rock massage. Great idea but I have a scorched-in rockburn on my lower back...I guess that's the trade off. Saturday night was girls night (as opposed to any other night???) and 6 of us hit the town. After many hours of good times and a few of the girls convincing me it was a BRILLIANT idea to go in the outdoor jacuzzi - remember it's about two degrees in Utah- I decided it was probably best to head home. Sunday I actually made it to the Mountain. Beautiful conditions and amazing skiing. Then I was persuaded to sit for an hour on a TimeShare tour for $150 cash and 2 free lift tickets. Sold! Sunday night was OSCARS OF COURSE!....then back to Seattle on Monday. Oh- first I did a shoot in Provo Utah on Monday morning but thats not all that exciting. Stay tuned for next weekend.

No comments: