Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Kinkle from Williamsburg says...

I can't remember what I did Friday night so it must not have been exciting but Saturday I went out with a bunch of chicks to La Pere Penard for dinner. Better place for late night drinking than a meal in my opinion. Then we went to some circus-themed bar on Avenue B because their friends were DJing and I was appalled to see the crowd resembled a bunch of collegiate fun seekers in the midwest rather than any kind of traditional East Village denizen.
That exact same space used to be Save The Robots where I had many (sometimes scary) misadventures throughout the 80s/early 90s.. all the way from being kicked out for taking a picture (of myself!) by a scary yelling bouncer to having cocaine foisted on me by some guy who announced "A girl like you could make a lot of money selling in this city!" over my protests that I did not, in fact, live in New York at the time. The last time I was there the door girl ended up being a drag queen who had made the change into being a real girl who I knew from my home town.
The floor downstairs (which isn't open anymore) used to be full of sand. It was cool.
Times have changed.
Sunday I had such a hangover I missed my Pilates class.

No comments: