Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Love Shack!

Gentle Readers, the place Amber-Lea (which appropriately means golden meadow) was staying this past weekend is called Lazy Meadow. I recommend it highly and in fact recommended it to Amber-Lea. The place is a funky, 50s/60s/70s themed motel with turquoise or pink kitchens in some rooms, and now has themed Airstream trailers too, that is owned by Kate Pierson from the B-52's. The decor was provided by the set designers for the Love Shack video. Half the reason I want to own a B&B in my later years (did you know that about me?) stems from this place. It's so fabulous! The fruit and vegetable market A-L mentions is right across the road, and further down the road is the World's Largest Kaleidoscope- not to be missed! This motel hits the mark on so many levels-charm, kitsch, peacefulness, simplicity, odd amenities, nearby attractions...I can't praise it highly enough! A link has been provided to the right for your viewing pleasure. If you decide to go, let me know- I will come too!

Nicole

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree with this. I have stayed at Lazy Meadow twice; First as a whim and second with a friend who is a huge fan of the B's. It is right on a busy highway. Not the bucolic getaway it pretends to be at the website. The rooms are musty and in one case nothing short of 'infested' with ants. A bug here and there is one thing... There is NO MAID SERVICE. Excuse me? A motel with no maid service? Worse, there are signs suggesting tipping the maid. Wha??? This could be a great place. Fire the Manager.

Nicole said...

Thank you for your comment! I think we should take over- I would love to manage that place!

Please feel free to send your weekend reports to wdydlastweekend@gmail.com! I'd love to hear your reviews of what you did, you obviously aren't shy!