Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Andy Says...

Friday night I stayed home and watched HBO's Rome, far and away the best TV EVAH. My cousin downloaded the entire series, but episode 12 is corrupt. Now I have to netflix it. I had a date on Saturday for brunch with an Israeli girl. I went to her nabe (Williamsburg) and ate at a rooftop spot the name of which escapes me. Then I painted the hallway of my new apartment which I love. On Saturday night I studied bong science with my amigo Rusty, and watched a documentary about Jimi Hendrix. The remarkable thing about this movie-watching was that it was via netflix's new streaming video system. He has a laptop with a video out and connected it to his big-ass flatscreen TV. The resolution and quality were most impressive. DVD via mail is a dying delivery system. You've been warned.Sunday I futzed about the house until evening, when the amazing Nicole dragged me out to see Absinthe at Spiegelworld. You missed it, suckas. It rocked my world and now I want to see all burlesque shows in NYC. Afterward we danced to house music at Melting Pot. Good DJs on Pier 17, an amazing spot. Sadly Spiegelworld is closing down as summer's gone. Melting Pot is worth a return visit if they move to a new location.

No comments: