Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Lisa Says...

Call me a lame-o, I don't care, but I went apple pickin'. And pumpkin pickin'. And I went to pacem interris, the sculpture garden I used to go to in high school when I used to skip school.I highly recommend these 2 farms, only an hour and a half outside of the city:
Pochuck Valley Farms (for the best apple picking) Pennings Farm Market (for the best pumpkins.)
These are in Vernon, NJ and Warwick NY. About 20 minutes from each other. Both of these have nice little stores where you can buy hot mulled cider and donuts and all sorts of pies and yummies. Plus, the foliage up there is great. I grew up in this area, and while I'm glad I don't live there because it would make commuting hell, its nice to go back.There's an awesome walk along the appalachian trail only a couple miles from pochuck farms. The first mile of it is just a simple boardwalk through the corn fields, then you walk through a field full of angry cows (I can send you a youtube link for proof.) If you're driving, a 5 minute drive from pennings is pacem in terris, as I mentioned above- it's a nice little place. Bonus points, if you hang around warwick long enough, across the street from pennings farm is the warwick drive in.
PS- If you bring your young child to pennings, which has some animals, and don't watch your young child while he is kicking the goat in the face, I will yell at your young child. And I love kids, But I also love goats. Luckily, if you're a parent of a young child who kicks goats in the faces, I probably won't be there to yell, since I did this all this weekend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am a big fan of apple picking, it's a lot of fun.