Thursday, July 12, 2007

Betty Hollywood Says...

since it was a national holiday last week, what better way to celebrate then to head south of the border! me and S. made our way down into puerto neuvo mexico to a shitty little place called bobby's by the sea. at first it we saw it as a lovely room with fun mexican accoutromonts but then quickly discovered after having construction being done on all sides of our room and over my car, that the owner bobby was a mean mean drunk with a penchant for making his guests feel scared and shitty at the same time. F U BOBBY! we packed up and headed down into ensenada only to get lost by an enourmous mexican flag (really. its like the size of the empire state building). finally, we landed at poco cielo which was a lovely oasis right on the water. we had a patio and our own parking spot. for $80. we ate fresh tortillas, salsa and drank $1 margaritas. S. made a bonfire on the beach and we roasted marshmallows, drank tequila and played my guitar. dinner at la fonda followed and the following morning we woke to yoga and stretching on the beach and reading magazines over huevos and frozen orange juice. heads up, on a mission to relax on the beaches of san diego, we got caught at the mexican border for FIVE HOURS!?!?!?! ay carumba!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

BEWARE of Poco Cielo Hotel - they robbed me of $550 this summer. I had put down a thousand dollar deposit for a wedding which was to take place the following year, and two days later was forced to cancel due to a family crisis. Cheryl, the owner, was very nice on the phone, assuring me that they'd refund the full amount (minus any bank fees, which I'd actually already paid in the amount of $50 at the time of reservation). Unfortunately, they only ever refunded $450, and then only after I hounded them for a month. Since then, they refuse to take my calls. I've handed the dispute over to my credit card company, which will likely drag out. It should be noted that their cancellation policy requires 72 hours advance notice. Apparently, over a year wasn't enough for them. It's very sad, because I used to love the place.