Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Charlie Says...

So this weekend I was off to Philadelphia again, but this time it was for work. Nothing crazy happened. We get there and start shooting, things are going smoothly so that's good. Things went way better than the weekend before in Cincinnati. So first thing. We get to the hotel and check in. Really busy hotel, lots going on. So I go up to my room with the dreadlocked camera man, sweet, and open the door and it's a tiny room with one bed. AWESOME. So we go back downstairs and complain and they say sorry place is booked. So then we called the travel person from ESPN and they talked to the hotel and in like a minute we had a new room. Assholes. So that's resolved. Next we go out that night to shoot. I stay behind at first to finish some things up and have some dinner. Then the PA comes to pick me up to take me to the shoot. This guy is one of the most awkward people I have ever met. I have no idea what's going on with his hair, it looks like a wig and all dead, really really weird. So he picks me up, it's only me and him in the car, great conversation, not really. I feel like he is one of those people that say really dumb stuff and not know why they even say it or they're sheltered or something, it's so weird. Like I expect him to say, "Did you know the ocean is blue because my mom loves the ocean and the color blue." It's really weird and makes me really uncomfortable. Oh and he can never wear enough sun block. Dude puts on sun block at like 2am, every damn time I turn around I feel like he's putting on sun-block. Next complaint. So I have to share a room with this dreadlock guy. It's not that bad but it's the first time i've shared a room since freshman year college, and we all know how that turned out. So this guy is nice, kind of annoying, i hate his voice and his hair. He stays up way too late too. Not that I'm a total nerd old man but this schedule for work we have is crazy and sleep is appreciated but he stays up who knows how long with the tv on and clickin on the computer keys- so damn annoying. Oh and he also likes to crank the air conditioning so it's like 20 degrees in our room, not bad for sleeping but when i wake up and start to work in the room i need to wear gloves. Oh oh oh, so this one i really hate. So he uses the bathroom, number 2 style, and then when he's done he shuts the door behind him. Now this sounds like a courteous thing to do, it's a hotel room, sure I'm gonna keep the stink in the bathroom. Oh no my friend. Because when it's time for me to go into the bathroom, the smell has been contained and it's an agonizing experience now to use the bathroom. I'd rather go through the two minutes of gross smell in the bathroom leaking into the room than my whole bathroom experience with me holding my breath. Well those are my complaints. I wish i had better things to tell of the weekend. Although it being my second time in Philadelphia i did enjoy it more. I'd live there if someone offered me a good job or their hand in marriage. So who knows what will happen. Well until next week my anonymous internet friends, and next week is new orleans so i hope something mildly interesting happens there.

No comments: