Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Charlie Says...

I didn't do much friday night, went out to my local bar and met my friend Marissa who I haven't seen in about two years. It was fun although I ended up staying out way later than I had planned. I wanted to be in early because this weekend was my first weekend doing this new monday night football thing. So saturday morning I woke up before the sun came up, yes that was fun, and headed to Cincinnati. I've never been to Cincinnati so I was excited, well kinda. I arrive in Cincinnati and meet up with the other members of this team I'm with for this ESPN thing. We're riding to Cincinnati from the airport and we hear about an Oktoberfest in Kentucky, obvious reaction, we have to go. So we get to this Oktoberfest not knowing what to expect, and there was no way to know what to expect. Although when I used to live in Wisconsin I frequented many Oktoberfests and my parents still throw one every year. Lots of great merchandise at this place, wind chimes made out of beer cans, any sort of object with your address painted on it and i think one booth had all of the country's stock of tie-dyed t-shirts. These people were great, never had i seen such a close ratio of number of mouths to number of teeth in those mouths, really great Kentucky, way to go. So we finish shooting and head back to Cincinnati and check into the hotel and blah blah blah, boring work stuff. Finally the game is Monday, we go to shoot all the tailgating. I must say football fans are crazy. I'm not a huge sports fan, I like to watch sports if I'm around them, but I don't really follow teams or stats and stuff like that. We finish shooting and then go into the game. That was cool, I've never been to an NFL game before and it was nice. We had press passes so we got to hang out in the press box and have a ton of free food and it was pretty cool, nothing crazy, just a bunch of journalists with bionoculars and computers, no idea what they were looking at up close. So that was the weekend. I don't know. Not the craziest stuff. I thought it'd be more fun but who knows, it was only the first week of doing this thing. Although, I will tell you this. So I have to share my hotel room with the camera man, whatever, not a big deal. But the guy has dreadlocks. I'm telling you right now, I hate you if you have dreadlocks, so disgusting. I hate them so so so much. So not only do I have to look at these nasty ropes connected to this dudes head, but in the bathroom on the floor it looks like someone sprinkled pubes all over the floor. Not only that but some were all knotted and looked like tadpoles. So disgusting, ugh, stop this dreadlock thing. Well that's it I guess, I wish I had more to say, the airport was kind to me too, usually I run into a handful of undesirables there, but I suppose it was too early for them. Until next weekend.

No comments: